Asia and especially its southeastern part have been known as paradise for surfers. The continent has everything that surfers want – beautiful beaches, warm weather, friendly people, and great surf breaks. If you are serious surfer, then you should definitely pay Asia a visit and explore its numerous great surfing spots. There is a very long coastline to choose from, so choosing the best five surfing spots in Asia is challenging. However, the following are the top five great places throughout Asia where you can surf and have lots of fun.
Big thanks to our partner Fuck Meets. The adult dating app Fuck Meets allowed us to travel to some of these destination to beta test the app. Go check them out while you’re traveling.
- Indonesia has amazingly long coastline stretching for nearly 55 thousand kilometers. It attracts surfers from all over the world because it has spots for surfers of all experiences. The weather in the country is fantastic year round, so you can visit Indonesia in any period of the year and you will find plenty of sunshine and great waves. Bali has the best waves in the country, and some other very popular surfing spots include Padang Padang, Canggu, Nusa Lembongan, Balangan and Uluwatu. North Sumatra, Mentawai Islands and Lombok are a few other fantastic surfing spots.
- Thailand has three thousand kilometers of coastline that regularly attracts surfers from all over the world. Some of Thailand`s beaches and waves are very crowded, but you can still find some great places to surf away from the crowds. One of the most amazing surfing spots in Thailand is the attractive Phuket Island. Kata Beach, Kalim Beach, Surin Beach, Kamala Beach and Cape Pakarang are some other spots besides Phuket that are great for surfers.
- Sri Lanka has relatively modest coastline of over thousand kilometers, but it has still managed to develop into one of the best destinations for surfing in Asia. The country has a very pleasant warm weather throughout the year and very nice waves all along its coastline. Best surfing spots in Sri Lanka include Arugam Bay, Bentota, Hikkaduwa, Matara, Mirissa, Unawatuna and Weligama.
- Vietnam has three thousand kilometers of coastline, dotted with beautiful sandy beaches, amazing swells and great surf schools. The winter in Vietnam is warm while the summer is the wettest period of the year. No matter when you come, you will certainly find great waves to ride on in Vietnam. The top surfing spots in the country that attract lots of surfers from everywhere include Da Nang, China Beach, Mui Ne and Nha Trang.
- Philippines have an impressively long coastline stretching for over 36 thousand kilometers, with some fantastic surf spots on it. The Philippines is not very big country, but it is primarily comprised of long coastline and many smaller islands. There are plenty of surf spots on the long coastline, so it is up to you to explore as many as you wish and as you can. Baler is a spot that you must visit if you are serious surfer and some other popular spots for surfing include Samar, Siargao, La Union and Zambales.